Sunday, June 26, 2011

Alex and Fireworks .... but not together :)

I've gotten some emails asking about Alex our parrot .... he's just fine and highly opinionated as usual. Here's his opinion of one of the Snow Peas from the garden .... be sure to have your volume up ....


Some of the salad ingredients last night .... fresh picked from the garden ...


Yesterday we went to the Fireworks stand under the big tent in Hardy. If you like looking at fireworks (pre setting them off) then here's our walkthrough ..... I love buying them as much as setting them off :)


We tested a few last night so we'll be heading back this week to buy more. Here's what we've got so far ....

5 comments:

  1. I wasn't sure if Alex was overly enthused about his snow pea?? He's really a cutie!

    I can hardly wait for the fireworks show--make sure your camera is up and running so we can have a front row seat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not seen this kind of fireworks stand since I was a kid. So many places ban private fireworks these days. It was fun to see the variety. Hope you are able to make a video for us that are deprived. We need to have a longer video of Alex, he is gorgeous. My mouth watered when I saw your fresh salad makings. I'm sure you are not missing the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marlene

    Let's not forget your certification in the handling and use of "Roman Candles" incendiary devices :)

    maybe you can give Lea some training exercises! :)

    The Legal "Pickalo Petes" are cool if you take vice or grips in the center or pinch it tight.

    Light it and and RUN...!!! :)

    (my first google comment!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean ... Thank you and I will try and do a fireworks display video :() and ... nope ... not missing the desert :) Had the best salad today .... all from the garden and it was so good ... wish I could have shared with you.

    Darin .... you just come on over and I'd be happy to have you set off our fireworks for us. Still remembering the time I set off a rocket and the tube fell over just about the time it launched .... went right between the heads of Lea and Sam sitting on their ATV's in the desert .... whew!

    ReplyDelete