Saturday, December 4, 2010

Milk, Wood, Lyndas Place, Swithplates & Lights

In case y'all were wonderin .... Memory Lane is a small dairy farm just outside of Fordland, Missouri. I love cows.


Ok ... now that that's out of the way ..... Lea and I have been working on our commercial website a little at a time .... there's just been so much fun stuff to do that getting down to "business" has been sort of on the back burner, but .... we are starting to put more time into it now. Lea has pretty much got her shop in order and she is back to woodturning again. Her inventory was depleted so she's starting from scratch to build it back up. She has enough done to open shop up on our website early this week. We have our site now set up with a PayPal Shopping Cart and Checkout so that will help a lot. I'll put this link to the site here as soon as it's ready, but for now here's the photo that will be used on the woodturnings page .....


Me on the other hand dabble in many odd things, as you well know ..... here's one of the finished switchplates on the "blue bathroom" wall ....


We were over at Lynny's today .... it's been 2 weeks since we unloaded the U-Haul .... I think she and John are doing better than we did at 2 weeks ....

Her bedroom is almost finished being painted ..... laundry room remodeled and painted (awaiting washer and dryer delivery on Mon.) and many trips to Lowes (over an hour away) have been made in the past 2 weeks with a whole lot of stuff in the garage awaiting for the planned home improvements. I think winter is the perfect time for this since you don't have the rivers and lakes teasing you to come out and play.

I haven't done anything else with the outside Holiday lights .... it's been too cold, so my outside time is spent hauling and cutting firewood. Now I'm starting to think about the inside decorating .... I have started with this string of 7 bubble lights ..... you can't see them other than some blurry lights but take my word for it .... they're really cool.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Lynny has lots of plants. Did she move all those plants? Do you think you will be getting snow where you are? The wood turning and the switches are great. I still have switches that I made under your direction here at SMR. That was quite awhile ago. I never finished them so I am now inspired to do something with them. They all have a musical motif. Have to get past concert season with the band. Now it is practice, practice and practice some more. We have two concerts next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbie .... Lynny had all those plants packed in the U-Haul. Only the African Violets are sick from the freezing weather on the drive here.
    Yes .... we will be getting snow here but they say that it only snows about 4 inches at a time and then melts before it snows again ..... hoping that's true as we don't even want to own a snow shovel :)
    When you get ready to finish those switch plates .... let me know and I'll give you some info on how best to do it .... but for now .... stop reading this and get to practicing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly wait until you post your link to your "business" site. Is it the Zazzle site? What is the definition of "woodturning"? Loved the light switch.
    Your fireplace looked soooo cozy--I really miss having a fireplace especially on a cold, snowy day.

    ReplyDelete