Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wind Repairs, Babies Drinking Beer & Andi's Results

Finally convinced Lea that I could get on the roof, stay on the roof and get off the roof safely so she let me buy an extension ladder. It was extremely windy a few days ago and the big round cap to our chimney blew off. I was lucky to find it since it was like a giant flying saucer but putting it back on wasn't going to be so easy. Trying to reuse the holes for sheet metal screws just wasn't going to work so Lea gathered up some heavy wire and I was able to wire the thing back on more securely than it's probably been in the last 20 years. I did the repairs in 23 degree temps so it made it even harder than it should have been but there was a storm approaching and we really needed hot burning logs in the fireplace ..... not a bucket ..... so it had to be done. I did this self portrait after getting the darn thing reattached .....

Nice view huh?

Lea waited in the freezing cold for me to do the job ..... guess she wouldn't have felt right about being toasty warm inside .... sure was nice to have her holding the ladder since for some reason it's always harder to get down that it is to get up ... it's just that first step off the roof


My parents were very liberal and they passed that onto their children so when my nephew grabbed this frame off of some old family home movies I wasn't surprised that they let me drink beer as a baby ..... things really were different in the 50's .....

Now I know why I've always been keen on Pabst Blue Ribbon :)

So .... the test results came in for Andi and after over 3 years her titers test is negative so she can stop taking the medication!!!!!! We were sooooooo happy with that news that we felt inspired to make this Holiday Video in celebration ..... Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Ok... We feel the same way about ladders and the first step off the roof. Good job with the "big round cap". A JibJab Xmas. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worry about you climbing around on tall ladders and things like that. Or maybe I am just jealous that I can't do anything exciting like that. Turns out I can't even put dirty clothes in the laundry without breaking my foot. Absolutely loved that Christmas card. Wish I was that clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you have found ways to get, dare we say, "high" in Arkansas! Thanks for the clever holiday card and the news from your home. Both of us are delighted to have found your blog. Toodaloo!

    ReplyDelete