Thursday, April 14, 2011

Barefoot Weather


I find myself wearing shoes less and less often as the weather is warming up. It doesn't get much better than being able to sit outside on the deck and play poker online :)

But just hours before, Lea and I dug up at least 500 bulbs that were so compacted that they couldn't produce flowers anymore. We really needed the space for another vegetable garden so the unproductive bulbs had to go ... but it wasn't easy! Here's before ....


and here's after ....


I can here you saying ... "no way was there 500 bulbs in there!" .... I'll be happy to send them to you for proof :) Ok .... maybe I'm exaggerating just a little .... maybe it was only around 475.

Today we stocked some more finished silk scarfs and woodturnings at the store .... forgot to photograph them for the website but they're selling pretty good at the store ... here's our scarf display today


I love "before and afters" or "winter and spring" photos so I'll end this post today with a shot of our front yard dogwood on a snowy January morning and one I took this afternoon. Both of these were shot from my studio window.


4 comments:

  1. Damn it--I have retyped this 3 times now because everytime I stop and look at one of the pictures again and enlarge it--whammo--I lose the comment. This time I ain't a no goin' do that!!
    Ok, here we go.
    Yeah, I too have dumped the shoes for the winter--indoors that is.
    Hmm--475 huh! Is that your final number or would you like to reconsider it?
    The colors of the scarfs are soooo pretty.
    I love dogwood trees--the winter and spring pictures are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat ... I'm sticking with 475 but Lea thinks more .... probably because she did more of the digging them up than me.
    Thanks on the scarfs and I love dogwoods too. We went to Mountain Home today and I shot some driving footage that I'll post tomorrow and you may notice a lot of dogwoods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you didn't throw all the bulbs away. They could be recycled in your woods and they would have another whole life and offer you some wonderful color in the years to come. It wouldn't take long to plant 475 bubs would it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope ... did not throw the bulbs away. Most of them are doing well in the forest and the rest are going to good homes. All is well with the 475 bulbs :)

    ReplyDelete