Monday, April 11, 2011

We're Back!

Spring is here and we're back on the blog. We're doing great and made it through our first winter in Arkansas .... not nearly as bad as our winters were when we lived in Grass Valley .... so that was good and pretty much what we expected.

I believe the last time I posted that the deck view looked like this ....


and now the deck view looks like this ...


the trees are getting their leaves and the grass is greening up


It's time to start playing golf again so we've arranged for some lessons from the pro at the golf course you see in the deck views, a really nice guy who can do nothing but help us improve ..... I hope :)

We have a lot of garden vegetable plants started so now we're busy building some raised beds .... here's the first ....


I'm sure you'll be seeing way more photos than you want to of our garden growing in the next few months :)

And then there's Sydny .... you may recall this photo from the day after she hatched and came up from the dirt in Sept. ....

Well .... here she is today ....

you gotta click on this photo and look at it big to really appreciated her great smile :) .... no photoshopping done .... honest

Last month we were able to obtain a little corner of the Ozark Crafts Mall in Hardy .... we still have a lot to do to get it the way we want it before tourist season but we are making some sales now. I'll get a photo up soon that shows more but for now all I have is a corner ....


So I'll be back to posting on a regular basis of a few times a week now through the summer as we make the best of the great days.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I have missed you. I did click on Sydny's photo and she does have a great smile, not to meantion luscious lips. Or maybe I've been alone too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. Jean and I have really missed your pics and comments. Sydny looks like she has really grown! Jean also is going to have a veggie garden out back. She had the beautiful big tree taken down because it very likely would go into the water system soon plus the tree guy showed her where a part of one of the bigger branches could have fallen on our house with the right wind. He cut it out for her for "show & tell". I really miss the tree but I don't want the expense of it getting into the pipes plus I sure don't want it falling on the house. She is now going to buy a smaller tree and put in a veggie garden. l

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie .... she does have luscious lips so not to worry :)

    Pat ..... tell Jean to use that new camera of hers to take pictures of the veggie garden when she gets it in ... I want to see it.

    I'll post a picture on the blog today or tomorrow of another one of the places we're going to plant in ... it's a lot of work to make it ready but it will be great when done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to have you back. Maybe I can get going again too. And... you are making me feel guilty for not getting to our garden yet. We are further north so maybe we have a little time yet. Have you seen the stuff about the on-line poker? FBI is shutting it down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mir .... looking forward to your blog coming back with photos of your garden :)

    Yes ... totally bummed that the feds shut down online poker to US players. I was playing Friday night April 15th when they shut it down but they let me finish the tournament before blocking the U.S. players from playing. I'll never see the money I have in my account so I'm happy that it wasn't a whole lot.

    ReplyDelete