Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hidden In The Jungle

I really wish I had shot some pictures before she started but at least I got in mid way. Lea's recent project has been to remove the jungle in part of the front yard that has grown over what was most likely a very nice flower garden area at one time. Poor Lea has won the battle but has emerged with a few scars (in the form of bug bites and vine scratches) .... don't worry ..... she'll be fine :)





She power washed those rocks .... now that's serious rock cleaning.

So it's still been kinda hot so we're using that time to either study (software stuff) or shoot. Lea's learning her new video camera and I'm learning the controls of my high speed setup. We had to upgrade our video edititng software which should arrive from Apple tomorrow (Final Cut Pro 7) so it will be another learning experience. I hope the weather cools down soon because we're both ready to take a break and play for a while. Here's one of my latest "high speed" shots .... I love doing this!

5 comments:

  1. Another great high speed shot. I love the little flower garden Lea snatched from the jungle. I hope her insect bites don't itch as much as the yellow jacket sting I have on my left hand. It is swollen beyond all belief and the itching is driving me crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch on the yellow jacket sting. I got stung on my back by a wasp the other day so I totally know where you're coming from on the insane itching. The only relief I could get was from Bactine, we have a spray bottle upstairs and one in the basement along with bandaids everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why aren't you wearing long-sleeved shirts to not only protect you from the sun but also the bugs? Do y'all have chiggers there? When I was a kid growing up in Texas, you couldn't walk outside in the grass without getting a 100 chigger bites--they really itch and itch and itch.
    That is a really nice flower garden area--good work Lea.
    I really liked that picture of the drops of water on the leaf--really neat.
    Jean and I have been very sad--we had to put our beloved kitty, Sunny down 2 days ago. She was about 22 years old and was in failing health--she was THE BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are definately talented (both of you). I'd like to know more about how you market your pictures and what Lea is going to do with her video camera. I look forward to seeing more of your work. Did you know that Chris Morningforest is showing her art work at Byce Thompson? She is another talented woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pat and Jean .... so sorry about Sunny. Wow ... 22 years is pretty good but a lot to lose. Don't worry .... no chiggers, just some mosquito bites and vine thorn scratches .... we both hate wearing much clothes and will suffer because of it but do it anyway :) ..... lots of Bactine.

    Our photos and videos are marketed through stock photo agencies. I'm also marketing products such as mouse pads, shirts etc. through zazzle.com I'm just getting started and I have a lot to get in my store but here's the link to what little I have so far http://www.zazzle.com/marlenedegrood

    Yes .... Chris is very talented! She often emails me links to photos of her new work and I love getting those emails.

    Lea is very into macro video work. She mostly does what I call the hidden creatures of meadows and forests .... she is really talented at finding and filming what 99.99999% of us never notice.

    Thank you both!

    ReplyDelete