Sunday, August 8, 2010

Water Drops, Friends and Silk Painting

I received all the parts I needed to build a water drop emitter, laser sensor and controller and then set it up in the basement bathroom because I need to do the actual shots in total darkness .... perfect location!



I still have a lot to do with the set up and lighting but here's my first single "crown" shot .....



But that's not what I'm after .... I'm after the collision of two water drops. So I mixed up some coffee and milk and blue dyed the water that will be dropping so I could see which was which .... here's the result after much trial and error with settings .....



Once I perfect the setup/system I'll be moving onto a lot more in regards to high speed photography ..... I sorta specialized in it at one time but a lot has changed and I feel like I'm starting the process of learning all over again.

Today Diana and Nancy came over and we played with silk and dye ..... as always it was fun.


3 comments:

  1. I don't exactly understand what kind of photography you are talking about. Is it some kind of high speed photography where you can get great pictures of fast moving articles?
    I like the silk painting. All of you look great!! Diana and Nancy look very relaxed and happy. Tell Diana to soak up the relaxation while she can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your water drop photography is wonderful. I can see that once you get going you are going to create some even more beautiful images. Another example of what SMR lost when they lost you. :( Our loss and obviously your gain. I am so happy for you. It is great seeing all four of you playing and crafting in Arkansas. I'll bet you and Lea have a hard time wiping those smiles off your faces. Luckily you don't have to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat .... yes .... high speed photography .... if I can drop it through the sensor .... then I can stop the action. I have a controller that will set the delay for the flash to go off after the object passes through the sensor. I'll also be setting up a motion sensor for outdoor stuff ..... great for remote photography of wildlife.

    I'm not sure how much relaxation Diana and Nancy are going to get since they're remodeling their place .... it's going to be awesome!

    Bobbie .... I'm so glad that you're enjoying your vacation (I took a peak in facebook). Again .... thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete