Tuesday, August 24, 2010

More Trail Photos

I skipped a few days of posting but I'll tell ya that we're still working on that trail (and will be for a long time) .... we do now have some supervision which is really helping ....



And she went up and down it to be sure it was just right ....



Andi isn't in any of the photos because she spends her outside time squirrel hunting, I really feel I need to include her and Ozzie so here they are doing what they do best ....



I really just threw that in so I could show off the new bedframe.

We have a source in Hardy for selling some of our handmade work so it's time to start creating something other than silk scarves, which I could do every day if I could get away with it. We got a slab bar for our family room so the crappy table we were using is now in the dirt basement .... I have taken it over to make PEG'S, that's "positive energy generators", AKA "orgone generators" .... the shop in town is anxious to sell them as well as Lea's woodworking so here's my little setup .....



Resin is pretty stinky stuff so the dirt basement is perfect and it's closed off to everything. Meanwhile Lea is still working on getting her shop set up in the basement but she's now in the location testing stage .... here she is testing out a "jaw horse" for carving .... we'll just call it a "Lea Special" .....



We did not have any cameras down at the river this afternoon and I'm really sorry we didn't because Lea has got Millie trained to grab the rope on her tube and pull her around in the water. You know how much Millie loves to swim and now she's discovered how fun it is to swim out and pull Lea to shore .... good sometimes but no so good if you don't want to go back to shore. The hard part is getting the tube back from her since she locks her jaws on the rope.

The weather has stopped being HOT so we're packing up a picnic lunch and heading out tomorrow for a day of kayaking.

2 comments:

  1. Great walkway and I love your bedframe! Can hardly wait until you show us what PEGS look like. Lea looks like she is ready for outer space walk to repair something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that supervision of the sort you are getting is a lot like having kids "help" you. I'm surprised you get anything done with such a cute distraction. Love the new bed. Very rustic. Have fun kayaking.

    ReplyDelete