Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Racoon Springs On A Hot Day

Racoon Springs is really just across the river from us but we have to drive down to the bridge and around the golf course to get to it if we don't want to cross through the river. You may recall that I included Racoon Springs in an earlier blog ..... it's a special place where the chief indians from various tribes would meet in peace .... probably smoke a lot of peace pipe :) Anyway Lea and I really like it there even if it is in the middle of the golf course.
We came to the conclusion that we needed to update our photo equipment and resume our stock photography ..... we're still making money from various agencies but not very much because we haven't contributed for many months. I purchased a new Nikon D700 with a couple of very nice lenses and Lea got a professional HD Video Camera ... I'll include a photo a little later in this post.

But .... back to Racoon Springs. It seemed like the perfect place to go to test out my new Nikon body and lenses and while I was there I was realizing again how special this place is and how much I enjoy being there ..... so ..... I decided I will continue to bring along a camera other than my usual iPhone and try to do this place justice with some nice photos of which I will post on this blog as I do them. So .... here's the first two :)




Diana and Nancy have been busy remodeling their kitchen but we plan on getting together on Sunday for some play time. Of course they have the best "play time" in the whole world .... right out their back door .....



It's been unusually hot here so we limit our outdoor activities to early morning chores or those involving water as you well know. But we also do chores involving water like watering the plants and writing our names with the pressure water into the dirty driveway ....



We also do constructive things with the power washer like cleaning our deck .... here's a before and after in one shot ....



Our pepper plants are doing very well in the heat and they're now becoming part of our dinners .....




Of course it's never too hot to BBQ .... here's the new rolling BBQ table I made in action .... Millie kinda got in the way but it's there waaaaaay in the background .... smokin



And last but not least ..... here's Lea's new Video camera right out of the box ....



Ever notice how often Millie finds her way into our pictures? Wait .... here's one of Andi who snuck in while I was taking a photo of Lea after she relocated her drums to the basement .....



Ozzie got in the act on that one too.

5 comments:

  1. As usual, all the photos are beautiful and fun to view. I am having a wonderful vacation. The weather is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the way your first 2 pictures turned out using your new camera--perfecto!!
    I assume that one pic was Diana and Nancy's "back yard"? Wow!!

    Anxious to see some videos from the movie director!

    Great place to have your drums, Lea--you can drum away all you want and Marlene can do her thing elsewhere. I had a set of drums once many years ago when I was in the Navy. I had 2 roommates at the time and we had this very large beautiful house in CA. It wasn't large enough for my roommates though. One day they decided they had heard enough of my drums so they gave them away during some big party we were having at the house--that is the way I also got them. I didn't cry over it--we all laughed about it. They were cheap drums and I used to love to sit there banging away on them not having the slightest idea what I was doing. One of the gals had a piano and I had an organ so we stuck with those 2 instruments UNTIL I bought an guitar and found I couldn't play it either so I ended up selling it to one of my corpsmen. I love music instruments. As I told you, I had a mountain dulcimer made there in the Ozarks many years ago and I still have it--won't part with it.
    Wow, this got long. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ... I love the story Pat ... especially with "Drummer Bobbie" right above you .... LOL! Hey Bobbie ... I hope you read this! Pat ... I am learning more about you through this blog then I ever did living across the street from you .... gotta love it!

    Bobbie .... I'm sooooo glad that you are having a great vacation and I'm looking forward to hearing about the something that's bound to happen that will make a great story .... always does with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marlene you take great pics. I remember when you got your first digital SLR and we went to the Arboretum to "practice". I finally got one and am enjoying it. It would be fun to have you closer so you could get me out and using it more. Don't envy you the heat and humidity. Warm here but not as humid. Wonderful that you have all the water to cool off in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I missed your comment until now Mir .... I remember well the day we went to the Arboretum .... we had a really nice time together. I've watched the slide shows on your blog and it looks like you're doing very well with your photography .... just keep having fun :)

    ReplyDelete