Thursday, September 9, 2010

1 Year Anniversary

Yesterday was my 1 year anniversary of quitting smoking! Yeaaaaaaaa! It's really something that I never thought I could do but it goes to show that we CAN do things that we don't think we can do. So here's a beautiful Arkansas sunrise taken yesterday to celebrate fresh starts......



It looked like a storm coming in and it did ..... we have been getting rain and I love every minute of it. I also love driving in the rain so we went to Missouri for our monthly booze run. Thayer Missouri and Mammoth Springs Arkansas are right next to each other and I really enjoy both old towns .... there's a lot of very old abandoned buildings just decaying away and I find a lot of beauty in them, I'm looking forward to a spending a fall day walking around and taking lots of pictures. I had my Nikon DSLR in the car in case it stopped raining .... here's an interesting shot I was able to take in the pouring rain out of the rolled down window of the car (still got soaked). This is painted on the side of an abandoned junk store. If you look closely you may notice something that just doesn't seem to fit in the scene .... or does it? Hint: it's not part of the painting.



We stopped at an antique mall in Mammoth Springs, the place is huge with an unusual variety of stuff .... suits our eclectic nature. We already have a couch but in case anyone's interested here's one that's 10% off .... I could ship it to you :) Better yet .... first person to correctly answer the above "hidden in photo" contest will win the prize shown below (if it's still there).



Yesterday the Lathe arrived! We had to meet the freight truck in town and take apart the 500 + pounds of lathe and put it in our van ..... the driver helped us load it up but we had to unload it and get it in the basement .... it wasn't fun and it took brains to move the heavy pieces since we don't have the muscle but we did it and we're pretty much no worse for the wear .... except for one squished finger (mine of course). I wish I would have taken photos of it being unloaded and loaded into the van but it was raining and I was really caught in the moment .... but here it is all put together in it's new home ....



The whole process exhausted Andi so she laid down for a nap on her sleeping bag in the basement ....



Everyone keeps asking me how Ozzie's doing since his teeth pulling jamboree .... he's doing great ..... here he is with Andi the other day watching the sun go down .....



Sydny (that's the baby box turtle) is doing great .... it's a work in progress but Lea's making her a great home ... photos will come when it's done. For now I have some great footage of Sydny eating live worms but I thought I'd spare you all and not post them. But I will close today's blog with a photo of my latest Orgone Generator (PEG) pyramid .... this is my biggest ever .....

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations--one year--YEA!!! I know it wasn't easy but by gosh, you did it.
    Looks to me like notebooks leaning against the bottom part??? I'll pass on the "couch" thank you--yuk! How would you ever lie down on it and get comfy??
    Glad to hear that Ozzie is doing OK. Can hardly wait to see Sydney's new home.
    That is really an interesting PEG you did. Still not real sure how you did it and exactly what is inside it--duh??
    Boy, that is some Lathe machine. You two are all setup to really go at it--good for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat .... nope ... no notebooks .... good thing you didn't want the couch :) Actually Lea and I sat in it and it's really comfortable ... it's curved on the ends so that you can lean back and still sorta face each other to talk. I've only seen those type of couches behind ropes in historic houses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Triple, quadruple good for you for quitting smoking. The first year is the hardest and it is all good from now on. I knew you could do it. I say the object is the tree. I can't make out what the dark object is at the base of the painting. Animal? Hole? The prize was so motivating I really gave this my best effort. I would love to have that wonderful couch on my front porch but that is not allowed. If I win I will put it in my back yard under one of those canvas awning type gazebos. Looking forward to the delivery of my new couch. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bobbie .... I'm so sorry to tell you that your answer was incorrect. But I will give you a second chance for a smaller prize (but a better one). That goes for you too Pat. Remember that you can click on the photo and it will open up a new window with a larger photo .... to get back to the blog you'll need to click the back button in your browser.
    One more hint: it's not organic
    Love you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, time for another clue!! I blew that pic up to fit my whole 21" screen and I still can't see it. What side of the pic is it in or another clue? I see something to the right of what I thought were notebooks BUT?? Is it bigger than a breadbox? I do Hidden Object games all the time online but yours has got me stumped!
    I like to stretch out and prop my feet up when I sit down--I'd not feel right slouching on that divan (D-VAN).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Pat. I cannot find it. I see the same thing she does to the right of the notebooks which I have decided must be a hole dug under the building. Otherwise it is just a nice painting of an old car parked by a lake. I don't really get the other things just above the lake. The circle thing on the back of the car looks suspicious. I really do give up. More hints, solution. Something. This is taking up way too much of my time and my vision is getting blurry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok .... stay tuned and I'll post a close up ... you won't miss it then.

    ReplyDelete