Sunday, October 24, 2010

Screen Door, Halloween, Stone and Sydny

I've never built or hung a screen door before but the outside door to "the cave" is an odd size and I can't find one to fit so I had to make one. I surprised myself on this one ... it's sturdy, tightly screened, hinged well so it swings easy, fits and latches .... wow.


"The Cave" is the dirt floored basement that I make the PEG'S in and even though I'd open the screened window and close the door to the finished basement, the resin odor would still get into Lea's shop and even up into the house. I tried just opening the cave door but all kinds of critters kept coming in so I really needed this screen door. Everyone in the household is much happier now.

So I finished decorating for Halloween last week (inside and out). Here's some shots of the outside ....






I told Lea that I've been getting lots of emails requesting more Sydny videos so she's promised to do one this week. For now all I have is this shot I got of her last night while she was coming out of this cool rock cave that Lea made for her .... she's sooooo cute and sweet .... we really love her. Oh .... it's kinda red because she has a red heat lamp. She also has a UVB light that's on during the day so she gets vitamin D to keep her shell growing strong. I actually stuck my hand down in our water meter hole yesterday to try and catch some crickets for her .... they're hard to catch and all I got was icked out. No shots of that :)


Here's the latest on the pink bathroom ....


We dug through our rock collection and threw some into the mix. And .... Yes .... we're regrouting all the white grout in the pink tiles to black. This whole pink bathroom thing is really crazy and I'm convinced it will never go away and be a never ending ongoing project ..... next week purple walls! OMG! What are we doing?? I'm writing that with a smile on my face because it's really fun when you don't have anyone telling you that you can't do that. WE JUST LOVE BEING ORPHANS!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pebble counter top. Love the stray little colorful rocks thrown in to. I think the black grout is a major improvement. Sydny looks so cute in her little environment. Your holloween decorations are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your decorations--outstanding!!
    Sydny looks great and I love your pink bathroom.

    ReplyDelete