Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Weekend

We left the dogs home with their kitty on Saturday ....


And went for a drive out to Martins Creek but first we stopped at the park in Hardy to see what was was going on. There was an arts and crafts show (yes.... we knew about it but couldn't get our s**t together to do it) and a VW car show ....


If this one had been for sale we probably would have emptied out our bank account to buy it ...


We moved on to Martins Creek road (about 10 miles from home) and drove about as far into the hills as we dared and then came back .... we just love driving on the back dirt roads into the hills. We stopped at Martins Creek Watermill on the way home ....


Today .... being Sunday and all ..... was nature hike day with the dogs. So here it is in all it's 9+ minute glory :)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the walk. I always feel so much better when I exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You betcha--when we lived out in the country in East Texas, there was an old saw mill pool behind the pasture out back. The bottom was all swishy with saw dust and it had MANY copperhead snakes--can't believe I would actually swim with them!! I was only 9 or 10 at the time. We would watch for the snakes' head to pop up and then be very quiet--dumb us, we should have been more leary when we COULDN'T see them--oh well, another adventure I survived! I really enjoyed the hike--really cool.
    I loved the VW's. I had one I took overseas with me when I was stationed on Taiwan and then when I came home, I bought a brand new 1963 sea green VW--my other one was a '61. I just loved driving them especially on Taiwan where the roads were extrememly narrow and in lousy condition. I was stationed at Oak Knoll Naval Hospital (Oakland, CA) when I came home and was driving my pretty new VW down the highway outside of San Francisco and this motorcycle pulled up beside me. Back in those days I was pretty reckless--I decided to race with him EXCEPT when he flew by me and I saw on the back of his jacket that he was a Hell's Angel--I started laughing and couldn't stop AFTER I finally stopped shaking!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant water moccasin snakes not copperheads--minor detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering about copperheads in the water ... but then .... I think that all snakes can swim so I believed you :)
    Anyway .... loving your stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobbie .... I'd be happy to take you on a walk any day :)

    ReplyDelete