Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One Year Ago Today ...



Yep ... today is our 1 year anniversary of moving into our home. It's been an amazing year that I will treasure .... a lot has changed and is still changing .... every day our home takes on more of our personality.

I spent most of the day weed wacking the mid section of our property and I'm exhausted but I did think ahead and bought some steaks to BBQ tonight in celebration of our anniversary :)

For the next couple of weeks I'll be taking a look back and doing a "then and now" theme ... hope you enjoy.

Here's the way the garden area looked on the day we first saw our home in mid March 2010


and here it is today ...


and the really cool thing is this ....


Look closely and you'll see that the snow pea plant has already grabbed onto the string .... I almost cried with joy when I saw this .... they're soooo cute and those tendrils are like little hands ..... it made my day :)

6 comments:

  1. A whole year--WOW!! Doesn't time fly when you're having fun!

    Your enclosure really looks great for your garden. That was definitely a sweet pic of your snow pea plant.

    I look forward to your before and after pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The computer was returned today and I hope it really is fixed. I so enjoyed catching up on your blog today. Watching you string your garden brought back memories of doing something similar on an even larger scale when I had the house on Lopez Island. We made a large maze and planted tons of string beans. The grandkids had a blast playing in the maze. It was fun for me too but I was never tempted to do another one - too much work. Not to mention the work of canning all those beans! Can't believe it has already been a year. I am so very happy for both of you and all your beasties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat . . . She is a very "sweet" snow pea :). Thank you

    Bobbie. . . Missed you! Glad you're back! You and Pat have great stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Doesn't seem like a year. Glad you are both well and happy. Love, Donna and Phyllis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know if this comment went through. I have been trying like crazy and haven't been successful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Phyl ... yes .... your comment came through and I'm happy to hear from you here. Thanks for being persistent :)

    ReplyDelete