Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Studio The River and Kayaking

I love making music and I love making videos so I create my own "unique" music for my videos and for Leas. I do most everything on my iPad .... yep you read right .... it's become a mobile music studio of choice for many professionals and the apps are outstanding .... if I had to buy the real hardware versions of the apps I'm using I'd be out of luck. I do use my Mac for some things but the iPad is the most used .... I can even plug my electric guitar and Korg Wavedrum right into it ... amazing huh? Anyway here's a shot of my little comfy music zone in my little production studio ....


I'm starting to do some clearing now along the riverbank now that it's receded almost back to normal. The area just at the river line used to be a lot steeper and it had a lot of brush .... nature made it leveler and I'm making it less brushy.


Spring is really here and even though the lakes are still a little muddy from all the flooding .... we just couldn't wait any longer to get out on the water. We went to Lake Chanute .... it's about 4 miles from our house and we've never kayaked it before. We both were happy not to get upper body sore .... we've been doing Qi Gong every morning for about 10 months now and it's really paying off. Anyway we had a great first kayak day of the season and Lea shot a little video....


In a peaceful cove we watched those baby Herons for quite a while and kept our distance so not to disturb them .... so Lea was at full zoom to get what she did. I'm amazed Lea was able to get this shot considering she was in a kayak and pretty far away. Naturally when the camera was off the mother came and got the babies .... wow .... it was awesome ... she just swooped down on them and then up in the air and they joined her.

I'll end this with a photo of "Hardy Station" .... I've never seen it open but I love taking pictures of it and playing with in photoshop .... a perfect subject :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your studio--it is sooo cool!! I always wished I could create music like you do--that would be so great. You are really goooooood!!

    The kayaking was really something and the music with it was awesome. I wish we could have seen mama heron.

    Why don't you post some of the photoshop pics of Hardy Station? I'd like to see what you have done with the scene.

    ReplyDelete