Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Water Heater, Beach Clearing, and a Turtle :)

First off ...

A cup of coffee and photoshop this morning while waiting for the plumber.

Our water heater was installed in 1986 ..... we figured it would be wise to put in a new one before this one died .... we've been through one death and seen the destruction it can cause so we ordered a new one and the plumbing company picked it up for us and installed it this morning .... yaaaaay!!! That's our old one sitting by the truck.


So the afternoon was spent down by the river .... no ... not tubing .... yet .... but clearing. Here's a before and after of the spot we're working on ....



And while doing the clearing, I found our NorthEast Property marker pipe with all the survey info stamped on it ....


And then a turtle went by


So that was my day :)

3 comments:

  1. I loved your postcard. Lea is really se...wow!!!!!!!! You're cute too.

    Good thing you got the new water heater--you sure don't want to go through that again.

    Wasn't that something that you just happened to be there when the turtle had a swim right in front of you? What luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat ... Lea keeps saying the same thing about the turtle video. I was holding a small chainsaw and I had work gloves on when I spotted the turtle .... I had to set down the saw, get my gloves off and then dig my iPhone out of my pocket and get it turned on in time to catch the turtle. They are very illusive .... usually the moment they see you or sense you .... they dive underwater and vanish. This guy was fighting the current swimming upstream and wasn't concerned about me. It was luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you saw what I posted here yesterday before they dumped it--you remember what I said about Lea--looks real se...WOW--you look cute also!!

    What luck getting a video of the turtle as it was swimming right by you.

    ReplyDelete