Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Place To Lounge and Assembling A New BBQ

We bought this little Weber Smokey Joe the second day after arriving at our new old house in Arkansas. We used it that Spring, Summer and Fall almost daily .... but it's charcoal so we used it on the cement porch downstairs because we didn't want it on our upstairs composite decking .... I tend to spill hot charcoal out of the chimney starter now and then :) .... so here's what may be the final shot of Old Smokey cooking hamburgers Thursday afternoon .....

because ....yesterday we bought a new propane BBQ to use in a more convenient location .... on the deck upstairs .... near the kitchen .... but it came in 500 pieces .... or was it 475 pieces? Anyway Lea left and spent the afternoon at the nursery (a wise decision) while Ozzie and I put together the BBQ ....

as much help as a cat can provide it wasn't enough to cook the steak last night .... it was ready but I wasn't :) So tonight we'll break it in.

Planted more seeds but a drenching storm this morning probably washed them away .... I'll just keep reseeding until they stick. In the meantime .... yesterday morning .... when it wasn't raining .... we worked on "A Place To Lounge" ......


I'll get some steak shots tonight :)

2 comments:

  1. If I were there, I would be in the lounge chair with Millie. Like her, I was royalty in my previous life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbie ... I believe you were royalty and you have Millie's permission to sit next to her in your throne ..... please bring it with you :)

    ReplyDelete