Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dog Days Of Summer

The day before yesterday Lea and I and the dogs went for a nice long hike in the morning ..... it was just about as beautiful and perfect as I can imagine it being .... it had rained all night and into the morning so the trees were all still dripping water.
The next morning it was already hot and muggy .... same today .... so we will wait for another day to hike.
The basement stays cool and the air conditioner works very good upstairs so we're good with doing outdoor stuff early and then spending the rest of the day indoors.

We bought the set of 4 plus 1 more of Qi Gong DVD's that Activities got for the Tai Chi class last season. It cost $100 for the set of 5 but it's really worth the money. Both of us were really starting to feel our age with stiff joints and soreness but since doing Qi Gong every morning we're starting to feel much better .... so we start the day out with one of these every morning (after coffee of course) ....



If you could only get 1 then I would recommend "Qi Gong For Seniors" or
"Qi Gong For Healthy Joints & Bones"

I finished the blue bathroom shower!!!!!!! We took our first showers in it this morning and it worked perfectly :)



Lea's friend the Walking Stick is still around .... now she hangs out on the upstairs back deck .... I think she has a crush on Lea



I'm still making silk scarves .... it's sooooo fun!



So one of the things about humidity that we're learning is that cold things tend to get a lot of condensation ..... like cocktail glasses with ice .... you can't put them on the table without them sweating all over the wood .... and you can't find a coaster that won't get all wet and then stick to the bottom of the glass ..... but we did discover that these work .... so we're calling them "Arkansas Coasters" .....



To finish off the blog today I just thought I'd throw in a short video of Andi & Millie for my good friend Ellie. If you can't hear the sound very well, I was talking but I shot this with the iPhone so it may be hard to hear what I'm saying. What I did say was something like .... "Here's Millie doing what she loves to do on a very hot and humid summer afternoon ..... sunbathing with her frisbee while she watches the dragon flies. And then there's Andi, doing what she loves to do ..... and that would be lizard hunting, or really seeking anything that creepy or crawly"

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing us the Tai Chi video. I have different ones but I think I will send for the Senior one and give it a try. I really like Tai Chi but have gotten away from it.
    Your silk scarves are looking gorgeous--so soft and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you'll regret getting the Qi Gong for Seniors DVD .... it's very good .... and good for you :)

    ReplyDelete