Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday Tubing

This morning I finished the "Gas Station" bathroom .... that's the bathroom in the basement .... it had really gross decaying carpeting in it and it was generally kinda icky. We really didn't want to spend any money on it so we didn't (other than new toilet tank insides) .... we used all the leftover pieces of wood from our living room floor, some really nice remnant carpeting I found in the dirt basement and the old baseboard from the livingroom. Anyway .... here it is in all it's "Gas Station" glory :)



Check out this shot .... that's Lea (of course) in her shop, online and ordering parts using her iPad. The internet router is upstairs but the signal is full strength in the basement .... I love that!



So .... being Sunday and all we headed down to the river for some cooling off fun. I strapped a little "GoPro" camera on my head and shot a little video of playing around in the Spring River. What I didn't include was my tube flipping over and slamming the camera and my glasses into my nose .... producing enough blood to shorten the afternoon in the river .... bummer. Anyway here's a little "retro" type video I put together ....

3 comments:

  1. Ohh, that cruise down the river looked sooo relaxing. Too bad it ended up in a "bloody mess". Do you have to worry about water moccasins? In Texas we did but I used to swim with them in a sawmill pool--I was too young to be concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we should stash a first aid kit near the riverbank .... the blood coming from the cut across my nose could have been easily remedied with a little bactine and a bandaid without having to go home.
    Nobody has mentioned anything about water moccasins and I haven't seen any water snakes at all ..... so .... no .... I guess we don't worry about snakes.
    Swimming in the sawmill pool huh? That sounds like such a classic thing for a texas kid to be doing ..... would love to see some photos of that.

    ReplyDelete