Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sunset to Sunrise

6pm last night ....

6am this morning ....


So here's a few of the things that's going on ....

Lea has finally gotten to the point of organizing her shop so that she's able to start pulling her wood out of the boxes and get them on shelves ....



Here's what the big 18 wheeler freight truck brought us a week or so ago .... we had to meet him in the Walmart parking lot because the streets to our place are too small .... but here it is all put together ....



Oh .... it's a dust collector .... and here's Lea making some wood dust. She can move the big catching end of the collector to whatever wood dust making equipment she's using. She had a smaller Jet dust collector in the shed at SMR and it took up about 25% of the available space so this is a dream come true for Lea. Pretty soon she'll be back at her lathe turning beautiful stuff



Meanwhile, I miter cut a bunch of wood and made some new sizes of stretcher frames for silk, since we got several new sizes. One of the new sizes I'll be dying today is 30"x30" .... I'm excited about that size .... it's the biggest square you see in the photo



And here they are hanging up on a wall in the "dirt basement" ....



So my river floating tube just doesn't want to hold air in it for very long and I can't find the leak so today we'll go to the river rafting outfitters place in Hardy and get more durable tubes .... ones with covers over the rubber so they're less apt to puncture. Of course if I could avoid those occasional rocks in the river maybe it would save the tube as well as my butt.

One last photo for this morning. I was mowing the front lawn Sunday and it occurred to me that I haven't shot a street view picture of our house since the day we bought it .... being freshly mowed and all it seemed like a good time to do it

4 comments:

  1. The sunset and sunrise pictures were absolutely gorgeous!! So serene looking. Looks like y'all are getting down to serious work now with your crafts--what a vacuum--hope it doesn't suck Lea right up! Nice to see the front of your house from afar--all I can say is WOW!! It is in a fantastically gorgeous location--what a view you have. Are the leaves starting to turn in the back? Seems like I see some color in the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pat. Yep ... that is one strong sucker .... and I'm talking about the vacuum :)

    I think it's just the morning sun hitting the trees but I'm really looking forward to fall when all the colors come in .... I'm sure I'll be sharing the turning as it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every new post just reveals more and more beauty in your environment. I swear it is making me want to move to Arkansas. The sunrise and sunset pictures should be framed as a pair. They are gorgeous. Now that you and Lea really have the room for your art work, I predict you are both soon to be famous. You are already rich just getting to live and work there, but a little cash return can't hurt and I can't imagine that your businesses won't just take off now. Oh, to be young again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Bobbie .... and it is so very beautiful here that not a day goes by that I don't pinch myself to realize that we are really living in this environment. I will hold onto your prediction and keep my focus and thoughts towards making a living doing what we love to do. With the encouragement of friends such as you it helps keeping the positive energy flowing .... thank you!

    ReplyDelete