Monday, July 19, 2010

Tanks, Walks, Parks and Peppers

Do you think it's weird to clean your propane tank? Well I guess I don't because I really hated the black mold and green stuff growing on it. The propane guys were here the other day because we kept smelling propane and while they were fixing the leak I asked how to clean the tank ..... they said "Oh it's easy .... just spray it with some bleach and it will wash off clean in 5 minutes". Well .... they lied. The half of the tank that's clean is because I scrubbed it with a steel wool pad .... a lot! Yes .... I did finish it :) and I don't think anyone saw me doing it :) .... whew!



I don't know if every summer is like this here but I can't help but notice that almost every morning is different ..... regarding temperature and humidity :) Yesterday morning I would not have even considered walking the dogs because it was kinda hot and humid but this morning when I got up I opened all the doors and windows because it was so cool and dry. That happens a lot and I love that ... I love waking up in the morning not really knowing what the weather is going to be. So here's a short video I did with my iPhone walking the dogs in our neighborhood this morning ..... be sure and turn up your computer volume and listen to the sounds ......



Here's a few of photos of a small park just up river from us about 1/4 mile and within the golf course. I hope you can read the new bright red sign ..... in case you can't ... it says that "this spring was used by the indians of this area as a tribal meeting ground. Pleace (yes is says "pleace" but it's supposed to say "peace") existed between all tribes when camped in this spot". This "spot" is now in the middle of one of the Cherokee Village golf courses .... they built the course around it and seemed to do a good job ..... I love that!





We had 2 bell peppers growing right next to each other so I picked one to put in our pasta sauce tonight .... really .... this is the first fruits of our "rubbermaid garden" labor :)



I'll let you know how our sauce turned out.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know . . . Maybe you do not have enough work to do if you are polishing your propane tank. Did you try pressure washing? I have to say it is a little strange but given all the truly normal things you have been known to do, perhaps we should just let you slide on this one. Love the insect serenade on the video. There are no surprises here as to weather, hot, hot, and some more hot with high humidity. Beautiful pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh .... here is where I slap myself on the forehead .... we bought a great high powered pressure washer at Lowes the last time we were in Mt. Home and I didn't even think to use it on the propane tank .... SLAP! I now have to think that the crud was so old and attached to the tank that only hard core scrubbing with steel wool would have taken it off :)
    The pepper was delicious in our sauce .... more to come.
    I love the "insect serenade" too, especially when the frogs join in.
    It's too hard to be normal :)

    ReplyDelete