Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Snow Coming

Yesterday mornings "deckvision" ....



Lea and I were going to go to West Plains Missouri today .... about an hours drive ... but the news this morning is calling for a pretty big snowstorm to start tonight and go through the day tomorrow with a break on Friday and then several more snow days. So as much as we wanted to go to West Plains .... there's a beer brew supply store, tons of antique stores and "Fishland" (aquarium fish store) ... we have decided to do the right thing and stick around. Our coffee maker just died and we need more small wood to go with the large pieces of oak .... so today we'll get a new coffee maker, drag as much wood as we can up to the house and cut it up .... we also need to grocery shop in case we're snowed in for a while and I'm for sure not getting snowed in without a coffee maker. But when we do go to West Plains I'll be sure to do a video. This spring we're going to spend a day in the "Mark Twain National Forest" which is just east of West Plains which is loaded with spring mills. Very interesting area that I hear is really beautiful. Here's a link to West Plains really enjoyable website .... Click Here

One last thing before you head off to the West Plains website ... You may recall that Lea and I have a Woodpecker on our license plate and now here's Lynda's new Hummingbird Arkansas plate ....

I love it!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! I'll be right over for the trip to West Plains. In VT last August I enjoyed seeing a lot of covered bridges. The mills and springs look equally exciting. You're right not to try it in a snow storm. Be safe and I'll look forward to the West Springs video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, your deckvision never fails to be enjoyable. Thanks for that feature and all the rest of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mir .... Lea and I would love to have you and Liv accompany us to West Plains .... you would both be so much fun. Got a lot of small wood cut today so I feel good about staying home. Let it snow :)

    Bobbie ... I'm glad you enjoy the "deckvision" series. I have a hard time not wanting to spend my day staring out that window. Saw a guy playing golf today .... it's really really cold but that doesn't stop some golfers.

    ReplyDelete