Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Day After Lowes

I decided I needed drawers in my homemade desk cabinets so without any knowledge of drawer building I have set foot into uncharted territory ..... will let you know how it turns out :)



Hmmmmmmm ..........



And Lea continues to work on the basement. With the help of Millie she pulled out the rest of the gross carpet.



An afternoon thunderstorm came in and I caught this female (I think) woodpecker on the deck .... they love the rain too. Of course they also love the seed block that Lea has hanging from that board the bird's perched on. Yeaaaaaa we get to have bird feeders!



This morning we had a Red Fox in our backyard but I didn't get a picture, however, Lea did get a picture of a box turtle crossing through our unmown lawn. We did love watching the fox ..... she was so healthy and pretty ..... she didn't stay long before vanishing in the trees next to the river.



So we paid the "landscaper" (he's really just a lawn and leaf guy but he prefers to be called a "landscaper") for another month because we just don't feel we're ready to tackle our yard yet. He came this afternoon, mowed and then the rain came. We really do need the rain right now because our outside water is shut off because of a broken pipe and we haven't had much luck getting a plumber out yet. So let it rain!

3 comments:

  1. That machine looks pretty intimidating--watch the fingers!! I love your pictures of the wildlife there and all the greenery!! Looks like y'all are having a lot of fun even though it is hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it that you have so much wild life. Some doves are nesting under my awning. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The machine is my new favorite friend .... the chop saw. Lea's going to be wainscoting the basement room and we have a whole bunch of 8' long tongue & groove cedar planks that this little machine will make quick time of chopping up.

    We do love the wildlife and are trying to be better at taking some pictures with cameras other than our iPhones .... someday I'll just do a post of wildlife (lots of beautiful birds) ..... but I haven't seen any doves .... so Bobbie ..... yes .... your doves count :)

    ReplyDelete