Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Dept. Of Finance

I don't know why they are called the "Dept. Of Finance" but it's the place you go to get your Arkansas Drivers License and Car Plates .... but you can't get your car plates until you go to the Assessors Office. Anyway we did all that and got our Fish & Game plate ..... as you can see we picked the "Ivory-Billed Woodpecker". "In early 2004, the Ivory-Billed woodpecker, a ghost of the old South, flashed through a swamp sparking an unprecedented search." They are supposed to be extinct and if you find one, take a photo and show it to the fish and game .... it may be worth $10,000 !!!!! Well we'll be looking but for now we have one on the back of our car.




We also got our drivers licenses .... aren't they pretty?



After all that we were pretty hungry and out of beer so we drove to Thayer Missouri to buy the booze and then back over the border to Mammoth Springs to go to "Freds Fish House" ..... yummmm ..... really really good catfish and hush puppies. A huge plate of 4 big catfish, 2 big hush puppies, tons of french fries and a big helping of cole slaw .... all for $7.00! Look ....



Of course while we were eating the plumber called and could come right then .... we missed the window but got lucky when he showed up later in the day. So it looks like our plumbing problems are getting fixed .... he already fixed the outdoor water and will be back tomorrow to work on the long list of other issues. So while he was working Lea continued on her quest to remove all the icky carpet in the basement and I tore apart the computer room again because I decided to paint it tomorrow.






So that was our day. Last night some dog decided to camp out on our front porch and bark every time it saw something .... although we both appreciated the protection we were both worried that we would wake up to a new household member .... but I guess when it got light he realized he was in front of the wrong home and left ...... whew! In the morning I walked out into the front yard before bringing out the dogs in case he was there but instead of the dog there were two beautiful deer in our front yard ... glad I left the dogs behind.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like things are coming right along. Nothing is better than good catfish and hush puppies!! Y'all are in the right place for some outstanding food and beautiful scenery. We are really enjoying all your pictures and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I would starve there because I don't like fish, especially cat fish. Maybe I should try fish again. Lea looks like she is loving hers. Of course, you are both stunningly beautiful in your new license photos. Keep an eye out for that elusive woodpecker. Add that to your list of projects. Wouldn't want you to get bored or have nothing to do. It is wonderful seeing your happy faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the vote is split on the catfish in the comments dept. I'm not a big fish lover myself but I've always loved Arkansas catfish .... it's just soooooo good! I wish I could send Pat some catfish because she loves it and Bobbie some because she may like it this time.

    Thanks for the comments .... I love reading them .... especially since I quit going into Facebook.

    ReplyDelete