Monday, June 14, 2010

The Wall Of Trees

With chain saws and gas cans in hand, David and another guy showed up this morning to begin work on our path to the river ..... here's what they're up against ......



The funny part is that they weren't supposed to start until the end of the week. I was on the upstairs deck planting herb seeds when I saw David below, he said they were here because they wanted someplace shady to work on this hot day but they were only working for about an hour when this came up .....



They got soaked and left. Don't know when they'll be back but they did get quite a lot of cutting done in that little time.

Here's a couple of photos I shot through the window this morning while I was having coffee ...





The woodpeckers and cardinals fly away the moment I pick up a camera but I'll keep trying :)

BTW .... most of you may already know this but for the few that don't .... you can look at the "bigger picture" of any of the photos I include in the blog by clicking on them .... on my Mac I just put the cursor on the picture and click it once but not sure about Windows .... anyway it will open up a new window with the big picture and then you just need to click your browsers back button to return.

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Love the pictures of all the green; even the rain. Do you know the name of this blue bird? Was that flood incident anywhere near you? Sharon Young seems to be finished painting inside your park model.

    bye, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean ...
    This is your classic Blue Jay (Cyanocitta Cristata). I'm trying to get a picture of the Blue or Indigo Bunting .... they just fly away so quickly the moment I open the door to get a photo ... I'll try through the window but they're so small it's hard. I'll get it one of these days :)

    The flood was in western Arkansas .... we're in North Eastern Arkansas so we were no where near it. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Windows and clicking on the pictures does enlarge them which makes them even more enjoyable to look at. It is soooo beautiful and green there--envy, envy, envy. Keep the pictures and info coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! Thanks for letting me know Pat .... the photos really are meant to be viewed larger but I hate to post them larger or the pages will take so much longer to load. I will keep the pics and info coming but there comes a day here and there where we just take a break from it all and don't do anything worth .... or suitable :) for posting.

    ReplyDelete