Thursday, June 17, 2010

From The Sunset To The Next Morning

The days always end peaceful and beautiful .... this was last night



And this was this morning .... and we're talking early morning .... like 8am .... we didn't even know any of these guys were coming .... they just kinda show up around here .... never late .... always early and usually a day or two ahead of time





This is POISON IVY .... I am making it my personal mission to find every one of these plants that lives within my reach and eliminate it. This one I found this afternoon while going down to the river .... of course I didn't notice it until after I rubbed against it .... so I did the only thing I knew how to do at the time .... take it's picture :)



I love the rock outcroppings in the trees. David and crew did a lot of clearing around and cleaning of some of the rock so we can now really see it and enjoy it's beauty.



So here's a picture of Lea's "Topsy Turvy" pepper plant .... she's also going to be adding a couple of tomato plants. I love these ... there just so .... hmmmm .... retro looking.



While the new flooring gets acclimated, the old .... incredibly icky carpet and 2 layers of decaying padding were removed. Lea and I had originally planned on doing this ourselves but opted to let the "pros" do it because we knew it would have taken us way too much longer than we were willing to wait on this sorta important room .... and ... because the amount of labor that they are charging us is ridiculously "fair". So here's a sneak peak at what it looks like



So while all this was going on we loaded the dogs into the van and made a booze run to Thayer Missouri .... home now and enjoying a "White Russian" and anticipating tomorrow :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, things are getting done at quite a rapid clip. The poison ivy is murder. Your dogs can get into it and not be bothered but it stays on their coat and you get a rash from petting them or even sitting where they have sat. Nasty stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly why we're ridding the property of any Poison Ivy we find .... there's not very much so it should be pretty easy. David and crew thought they got it all. I once had 20 acres of land filled with Poison Oak so I got goats and they ate it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you plan to do with all this cleared land now? When I had my farm I used a riding mower and turned area's like this into just natural green. Did you mention planting fruit trees? If you can grow rubarb and/or raspberries I'm going to be envious regardless of your humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jean ... we haven't decided yet what we're going to do with the cleared land .... we'll leave that for another day ... but we will do something. We are totally thinking about fruit trees. Wow .... I also really love Rubarb and Raspberries ... my grandmother in Wisconsin grew them. Thanks for putting a light bulb over my head :)

    ReplyDelete