Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tubing In Our Backyard

Lea and I both recall when we lived on the beach in South. Calif., that the bathtub always seemed to have some sand and tar in it ..... now it's leaves and river moss. It's pretty hot here in the South right now and so about 1pm Lea and I grabbed our tubes and went down to river .... here's a little video ....



I started to load up this video shortly after we got done playing in the river but before it finished ..... the power went out. I'm not surprised since the south is having record breaking heat. The power is back on after being off for a about 2 hours .... during that time the temp in our house went from the air conditioned setting of 82 to 84 .... just 2 degrees .... I'm pretty happy with that. Had it been longer and gotten hotter then we would have retreated to the basement .... if that got too warm then we would have gone into the next room which is what we call "the dirt room" .... it is a true cellar ..... very cool in there ..... almost cold.

So I'm uploading the above video again to youtube (the quality sucks but it's easy to upload and link to) and keeping my fingers crossed that we don't lose power again which shuts down the modem .... meaning .... no internet. Uploading is always the worst ... it takes forever! Soooooo ..... you gotta let me know if you want more videos .... because I'll only do videos (short ones) if I know that you really enjoy them .... OK???? Now would be a good time to "follow" this blog .... I know of at least 167 of you who haven't clicked the "follow" button .... and I do want to thank the 6 of you who have ... and thanks to Bobbie, Pat and Jean for actually posting comments :)

I think Lea missed her calling in life .... she should have been a famous movie maker :)

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, that looks like so much fun. Keep the videos coming--I love 'em. Glad to hear that your a/c wasn't off any longer than 2 hrs--at least you have the basement if you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the video. What about seeing the bridge and give us a little info about the river itself. I'd like to see the cellar too; what will it be used for. Do you ever have tornado? Have you lived in the south before? With the desert now brown all your green is refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! I'll post some shots of the bridges over the river. There's 2 Spring Rivers .... we're on the South Fork. The Spring River does have a very interesting story so I'll post that. I'll take some shots of the "cellar" .... right now it's being used for storing all are stuff that is heat sensitive because it stays so cool in there and doesn't grow any mold. I have never lived in the south but did spend some time in Arkansas when I worked for General Dynamics ... they owned a small company (Stromberg Carlson ... they made telephones) in Camden Arkansas and I would spend a few weeks a couple time of year doing all the photography for the annual report. On my days off I'd go sit by one of the rivers under a shade tree and watch people fish.

    ReplyDelete