Friday, June 4, 2010

The Plumber Came Again Today

Every morning around the time we're walking up to the day and drinking coffee .... these two show up to graze on the weeds. I finally dug up my point and shoot camera which has a zoom on it so I could shoot this photo. I really wish they would eat all the weeds but it's looking like Lea and I have a lot of clearing to do.



I was painting in the computer/studio room when I saw this huge truck trying to back around a corner and deliver this debris truck to a place down the road (they're doing a lot of serious clearing of land) ..... at first I thought someone had sent it to us and I was very excited but they couldn't make the corner and left ..... darn ..... we really need one of those. Our basement porch is accumulating lots of old carpet and other misc. "debris" .... way more than we can fit in our van and haul to the dump.



So I'd asked the plumber to free up the stuck shutoff valves under the sink because I tried and got the feeling that with enough force something would break and I felt that if something was going to break I'd rather it be in the hands of a licensed plumber ..... well .... I was right .... the sink in the blue bathroom fell on his head .... he's ok .... he's an Arkansas boy. I knew that sink was dangerous. So he yanked the pink bathroom sink out too and Lea and I made another run to the Lowes in Mountain Home (about an hour and 15 minutes away) and bought all new sinks, fittings and much more. Here's the blue bathroom now .....




Lea is much more enthusiastic about her pink bathroom project and is ripping out the old countertop and planning to build her own ...... yes .... not just buy a prebuilt laminated countertop .... but ..... build her own! So here's how it looks today .....




And we'll see how it looks another day :)

For those wondering about the weather ..... yes .... it's hot but it's not that aweful "dry heat" you get in Arizona ...... it's a "moist heat" :)

3 comments:

  1. Ha Ha very funny. I have plenty of relatives "enjoying" that lovely moist heat and they are not so happy about it. Don't worry, its going to get even more hot and moist. Hope you have A/C. Loved the deer, they are so dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been going on the Weather Underground website (this is also where I have my weather station data uploaded)to watch your weather. I was amazed at the dew point temperature with 90 degree temps. I thought your elevation was high enough to give you cooler weather. Did you know about the weather before you moved? Love your pictures and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jean .... yes we totally knew about the weather ... we don't mind sticking to the trees :) We are loving the moisture and the fire flies.

    ReplyDelete