Monday, November 22, 2010

The Drive

We pass by this motel every time we go to Lowes in Mountain Home ... today Lea said "stop and take a photo before it disintegrates and is forever lost in history" ... well .... those probably weren't her exact words but you get the point. So I obliged (of course) and made this rather nostalgic looking rendition ....


Other than Diana and Nanc .... I doubt anyone knows what the countryside looks like on the road between Mountain Home and Cherokee Village .... it's very farmlike whereas Cherokee Village is more mountainlike ..... we really enjoy the drive and we thought it might be nice to share a bit of it with you .....

5 comments:

  1. You are sooo right about football being big in Arkansas. Football is a religion in Texas, Arkansas and Louisana--they live and die for it. And you're also right about Sonic. My family in Longview, TX live on Sonic.
    You did a great job filming and driving. I used to do that when I was much younger and driving across country by myself--I was in the Navy at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that you were one wild & crazy girl when you were in the Navy ..... must have been from that good Texas upbringing.
    The Sonics are always loaded with cars and the interesting thing is that the food is much much much better than in Arizona ..... it was just Ok in Az but it's awesomely good here .... you wouldn't even know that it was from the same franchise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So football and church. That really leaves me out since I am not interested in either one. I do like the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobbie ... you forgot Sonic! it's football, sonic burgers and church ... in that order .... I'm pretty sure I could interest you in the sonic burger :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I only do Fuddruckers. Love their burgers and their milk shakes.

    ReplyDelete